The ICLGG conference organising committee invite you to submit an abstract for consideration for inclusion in the 2024 conference program. Please review the information below and submit via the online abstract submission portal.
Abstract submissions close at 23:59pm on Wednesday 1 May 2024 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
Notification of the outcome of the reviews and acceptances will be sent early June 2024.
Instructions to authors and abstract formatting guidelines
Please ensure that you have reviewed the instructions below and prepare your abstract accordingly prior to submission.
Abstracts are to be submitted via the abstract portal with the attached abstract submissions template
You are invited to submit an abstract/s as one of the following presentation types:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster (one single A0 size page printed in portrait format, poster must not exceed 841mm wide x 1189mm high)
Abstracts are invited for submission in the following themes:
- Abiotic stress tolerance
- Above ground defences
- Below ground defences
- Beneficial symbioses and microbiomes
- Bioinformatics for research and breeding
- Enabling technologies
- Evolution and diversity
- Genomic and predictive breeding
- Legume products: food, fuel, feedstocks and metabolism
- Metabolism and quality traits
- Plant development & physiology
- Plant development – breeding applications
- Structural genomics – bioinformatics and databases
- Structural genomics – new genomes and pan genomes
- Symbiotic nitrogen fixation
Abstracts are to be submitted via the abstract portal with the attached abstract submissions template. Presentation title, author names or affiliations to be typed directly into the text box provided within the online submission portal as well as included in the submission template.
When submitting your abstract please ensure you follow the below formatting guidelines:
- Abstract should be no more than 250 words. Title, authors and affiliations are not included in the word count.
- No figures or tables are not allowed.
- Maximum of two references
- All text should be entered in sentence case (do not type in CAPITAL LETTERS).
- Include the presentation title, author names, affiliations and references in the abstract submissions word document as per template.
- Abstracts should be thoroughly checked for spelling and grammar, as if successful, will be included in the conference app and book of abstracts.
- Upload document as a word document. DO NOT save as a PDF file
Only abstracts submitted via the online abstract submission portal will be considered for the 2024 conference program. The submission portal is now open and closes at 23:59pm on Wednesday 1 May 2024 Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).
Once an abstract has been submitted via the online submission portal, an acknowledgement email will be sent to the submitting author. If this email is not received, please first check the spam folder, then contact the conference organiser via email firstname.lastname@example.org
The presenting author/s of all accepted abstracts must register and pay the applicable registration fee by Wednesday 31 July 2024. If registration isn’t completed by this date, the organising committee reserve the right to remove the presentation from the program.
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by at least two reviewers.
In evaluating each abstract, reviewers will be aware of authors or institutions involved with the work described in the abstract.
The reviewers will assign accepted abstracts either to oral or poster presentation.
Notification of the outcome of the review and acceptances will be sent to the contact person (this should be the first presenting author) in early June 2024.
Only the contact person will be notified of acceptance or non- acceptance, and it is their responsibility to notify all other authors about the outcome of the reviewers’ decision.
For all accepted abstracts, further details regarding the oral presentation (PowerPoint presentation) and poster presentation (poster size, format, style and layout etc) will be communicated to the contact person as appropriate.
The duration of each oral presentation will be determined by the committee.
All presenting authors (maximum of two) must be registered for the conference to be able to present the abstract. The deadline for registration is Wednesday 31 July 2024.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference program only if the presenting author has registered for the symposium.
Enquiries regarding abstracts should be emailed to email@example.com.